- the direction of the Vice President for Information Technology, the Web Designer will design, develop, code, test, implement and manage the user experience and content of innovative and complex websites and web-based applications that improve the user experience in discovering, accessing, and using CPB’s web based resources. The position will have a strong understanding of the Drupal CMS, web design, mobile design, touch-enabled site design, project management and setting realistic expectations for delivering high quality and creative web designs. This position is hands-on and must be capable of completing the tasks that are assigned using any number of current web technologies and design tools, particularly CSS3, HTML5, Adobe Creative Suite CS5, SASS/SCSS.
- Continually evaluates and updates the vision for CPB’s web initiatives, addressing content, audience needs, and CPB’s goals and objectives from concept to completion.
- Update Websites – internal intranet, corporate site, social and other web applications at CPB.
- Communicate cross-departmentally with internal stakeholders to understand design needs and meet the design objectives.
- Actively generate creative concepts and integrate constructive feedback given by management during the review process and adjust as necessary.
- Present mock-ups / concepts at various stages of the lifecycle to foster a creative and inclusive design process.
- Works closely with others in CPB to develop content. Develops and maintains a collaborative effort involving all relevant CPB business units to best meet individual and corporate needs.
- Keeps up-to-date on new and emerging technologies and techniques. Advises CPB management on innovative and appropriate applications. Works closely with IT colleagues to implement changes and improve operations through adoption of new technologies.
- Executes daily web maintenance tasks as needed as backup to Web Developer. Assists other work units within IT as needed.
- Manages relationships with outside vendors and design firms; works with others in public media to stay current with their efforts and develop opportunities for collaboration when possible and appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Media Technology or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of increasing responsible and directly related experience that included various web tools, content management systems, and image-editing applications; experience creating and refining content-creation processes within a business environment; experience managing technical projects.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to problems, work effectively in a team environment, and meet deadlines in a dynamic workplace with quickly changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical groups and individuals.
- Proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite (CS5).
- 4 years’ experience designing web sites, applications, and digital products.
- Experience with photo and video manipulation and retouching and editing.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in responsive design and how to design for multiple screen sizes (mobile, tablets) and platforms.
- Experience with Drupal and Drupal theming, preferably in both Drupal 7 and Drupal 8.
- Experience within public broadcasting industry or with a non-profit organization.
- Linux, Git/Github, Drush, Composer, and other command-line Drupal management tools.
- Experience in a Docker-based local development environment (such as DDev, Docksal, Lando).